Monday, June 9, 2008

Initial Goodbye

I find it absolutely difficult to bid farewell.

We have parted ways before, and the bond fostered
in two years time has yet to break. You might say
losing touch with each other is impossible, so don't
let the tears flow once more even as we move apart.

And yet I fail to constrain my doubts as I will be
leaving for KYUEM Perak for two long years. Thus I
will no longer be able to meet you for gatherings
as often as I'd prefer, no longer be there to join
you in visits back to Catholic high, or in RedBox,
singing emo songs that bring back too many images.

Reality hurts. As much as we try not to admit it,
even if we make plenty of promises now, we probably
might drift apart as time's natural consequence. If
ever that happens, I hope you know that the shared
memories we once had really meant a lot to me. Please
be happy; cherish every day the class spends together,
every moment. But I do wish that in my absence, you'd
reminisce the past with a smile, once in a while.

Signing off,
5s5 member - Wen Zhen

(Note: The core of this open letter lies in the initial alphabet of each line. It's always most difficult to be straightforward when you say something you really mean.)

No comments: